Please read the following guidelines before submitting your application.
Programs and Project Priority Areas
The range and scope of what can be done will be determined by the size of the fund. Some projects may be decided
solely by the Fund committee; larger projects may require extensive community consultation. Projects must be
targeted to meet community needs and be delivered or auspiced by an appropriate organisation.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate evidence of community consultation and support. The fund is not designed to meet emergency
relief needs, nor to duplicate relief efforts being undertaken by other not-for-profit organisations or government
The fund is not intended to fund private business submissions for startup costs or large capital items, such as vehicles. Applications must include a detailed budget.
Only funding applications that aim to meet one (or multiple) priority areas listed below will be considered.
Project Priority Areas
- Projects that seek to restore the morale and confidence of the Cobargo and regional community. Applications
should outline how projects will:
● ensure an inclusive approach to recovery that engages the community;
● address the mental and emotional responses arising out of trauma;
● focus on vulnerable people or groups within our community
- Projects that support the continuing development of a creative culture in Cobargo and the district, aligning
with the objectives in Priority 1.
- Projects that support the continuing development of an active sports/physical culture in Cobargo and the
district, particularly sports activities, aligning with the objectives in Priority 1.
- Projects that support the development or restoration of community facilities and spaces. Applications should
outline how projects will benefit community and how they will consult with community in the design, implementation
and evaluation of the project.
- Projects that seek to restore and diversify the local economy. Applications should outline how projects will
● save and create jobs;
● encourage business renewal and diversification, including in the farm sector.
- Projects that are focused on environmental rehabilitation, including:
● river restoration;
● native animal conservation and repopulation;
● weed management or feral animal management.
- Improve the disaster resilience of our communities including support for:
● the building of a safe haven;
● assessments and practical projects to improve village disaster preparedness;
● efforts to strengthen critical infrastructure that employ regenerative practices, including micro-grids, solar
farms and similar.
- Support and implement projects designed to restore tourism confidence in the region and attract visitors back to
the area, including (but not limited to) the arts, music and cultural sector.
The fund welcomes applications from community groups in Cobargo and our local area. Intending applicants must
first contact the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the committee will contact you to discuss your
project so please include a phone number. Formal applications must be lodged online via this form: